return to Adult Classes
Master the Manual Mode (DSLR) Class
Prerequisite: Beginner DSLR / Mirrorless + Get OFF of Auto Class (or adequate knowledge of items listed in the Beginner Class outline).
Intermediate / Refresher DSLR / Mirrorless Class is also recommended.
The main emphasis of the class will be to learn MORE about your cameras metering system to make certain you get properly exposed images quickly & accurately.
- Reviewing the exposure triangle & your metering choices
- Review the Q&A's of using the Program, Shutter Priority, and Aperture Priority modes + Exposure Compensation.
- "Assignments" along the way to help you capture challenging subject matter
- THOROUGHLY learn how to shoot in the manual mode & making metering adjustments FAST (while photographing moving objects/ scenery/ low light/ sunny/ etc...)
- Tips & practice shooting in lower light to NOT get blurry pictures!
- Change your settings to introduce blur & movement and create artistic pictures in any type of light!
- Manual adjustments to quickly get beautiful bokeh (background blur) when shooting portraits!
- Review of the settings and a LOT of hands-on practice
- Basic tips and review on focusing (recomposing, adjusting focusing points, etc.)
- Choosing the correct AF mode depending on which "Drive" setting you use (to insure proper focusing!)
- AND more; as the questions can lead to a LOT more fun stuff!
** This will be "Free-Form" Class. It is less structured than my "Beginner / Starter Class". The outline above is only used as a guide. I will be giving demonstrations & giving tips as you shoot.