Intermediate / Refresher DSLR / Mirrorless Workshop
Prerequisite: Beginner DSLR / Mirrorless + Get OFF of Auto
(or some knowledge of items listed in the Beginner outlines)
Digging deeper into the menu of YOUR camera. More walking & shooting than the beginner classes. Learn, review & practice:
- Capturing the effect you want!
- Achieving focus (macro to ¥ ) in the Auto-focus mode, single and multi-point focus (& manual).
- The technique of "Recomposing" (autofocus) is introduced & practiced
- Using Exposure Compensation & White Balance settings
- Using the "P", Shutter Priority & Aperture Priority modes (& others) on your mode dial in depth
- ISO Speeds (get the right setting to improve the quality of your images!)
- Shutter Speeds (control the motion in your image!)
- Aperture settings (control your depth of field!)
- Depth of Field & it's relationship with "Aperture"
- Learn which AF settings to use depending on your "Drive" or "Release" settings.
- Additional camera features; such as "Meter Mode", "Lighting Optimizer", "Picture Style" or "Picture Control", "Highlight Tone Alert", your "Histogram" and others!
- Improving your composition when taking pictures (& learn the the "Rule of Thirds")
- Many other Professional Photographer secrets, short cuts & tips!
- Q & A's about your camera & help you solve past failures
- Assignments to practice during the class
** This will be a "Free-Form" workshop. The outline above is only used as a guide. I will be teaching & giving tips as you shoot.