DSLR / Mirrorless) - Outdoor Portraiture Workshop
Prerequisite: Beginner DSLR / Mirrorless + Get OFF of Auto (or adequate knowledge of items listed in the Beginner Class outline).
Intermediate / Refresher DSLR / Mirrorless Workshop is also recommended.
Photograph Live Models! Step-by-step demonstrations & tips to capture great headshots, High School Seniors & people in general.
- How to choose the best locations & backgrounds
- Advice on how to use natural reflectors & "see" light
- Keeping viewers interest, while keeping distractions OUT of the image.
- Choosing LIGHT & DARK parts of a scene (& what to watch out for!)~ Basic posing techniques & getting great facial expressions
- Using correct camera settings
- Using the correct lens & lens settings
- Tips on focusing ( "recomposing", adjusting focusing points, using manual focus, etc..)
- Using DOF (Depth Of Field) & selective focus to your advantage
- Guidance on managing white balance, color tone & intensity
- Tips on when to use an inexpensive & easy-to-carry reflector
- Deciding when to use your speedlight or "pop-up" flash
- Practice using your flash to get nice "fill" lighting
- Using an external "on-camera" flash easily outdoors
- A custom designed, step-by-step portraiture "flow chart" for you to take home!
** This is a "Free-Form" workshop. It is less structured than my "Beginner / Starter class". The outline above is only used as a guide. I will be demonstrating & giving tips as you shoot.