Refresher / Intermediate DSLR
Prerequisite: Beginner DSLR
(or some knowledge of items listed in the Beginner DSLR outline)
Digging deeper into the menu of YOUR camera. Review & practice with:
- Your different lens choices and capturing the effect you want!
- Achieving focus (macro to ¥ ) in the Auto-focus mode, single and
multi-point focus (& manual).
- The technique of "Recomposing" is introduced & practiced
- Using Exposure Compensation & White Balance settings
- Using the Auto, "P", Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority & M
modes (& any others) on your mode dial in depth
- ISO Speeds (thoroughly covered)
- Shutter Speeds (thoroughly covered)
- Aperture sizes (thoroughly covered)
- HOW the 3 important items listed above work TOGETHER so YOU can
control the light.
- How to choose the right combination of the three to get proper
exposure! (thoroughly covered)
- Depth of Field & it's relationship with "Aperture" (thoroughly
- Determining f numbers & how it effects Depth of Field
- Additional camera features; such as "Meter Mode", "Picture
Style" or "Picture Control", "Highlight alert", and others!
- Improving your composition when taking pictures (& learn the
basics of the "Rule of Thirds")
- Many other Professional Photographer secrets, short cuts & tips!
- Assignments to practice during the class
** This will be "Free-Form" workshop. The outline above is only used as a guide.
I will be doing teaching & giving tips as you shoot.