Refresher / Intermediate DSLR
Prerequisite: Beginner DSLR
(or some knowledge of items listed in the Beginner DSLR outline)
Digging deeper into the menu of YOUR camera. Review & practice with:
- Your different lens choices and capturing the effect you want!
- Achieving focus (macro to ¥ ) in the Auto-focus mode, single and
multi-point focus (& manual).
- The technique of "Recomposing" is introduced & practiced
- Using Exposure Compensation & White Balance settings
- Using the "P", Shutter Priority & Aperture Priority
modes (& others) on your mode dial in depth
- ISO Speeds (get the right setting!)
- Shutter Speeds (get the right setting!)
- Aperture sizes (get the right setting!)
- HOW the 3 important items listed above work TOGETHER so YOU can
control the light & capture great images
- How to choose the right combination of the three to get proper
- Depth of Field & it's relationship with "Aperture"
- Additional camera features; such as "Meter Mode", "Lighting Optimizer", "Picture
Style" or "Picture Control", "Highlight Tone Alert", and others!
- Improving your composition when taking pictures (& learn the
basics of the "Rule of Thirds")
- Many other Professional Photographer secrets, short cuts & tips!
- Q & A's about your camera & help you solve past failures
- Assignments to practice during the class
** This will be "Free-Form" workshop. The outline above is only used as a guide.
I will be teaching & giving tips as you shoot.