Refresher / Intermediate DSLR
Prerequisite: Beginner DSLR / Mirrorless
(or some knowledge of items listed in the Beginner DSLR outline)
Digging deeper into the menu of YOUR camera. More walking & shooting than the beginner classes. Learn, review & practice:
- Capturing the effect you want!
- Achieving focus (macro to ¥ ) in the Auto-focus mode, single and
multi-point focus (& manual).
- The technique of "Recomposing" is introduced & practiced
- Using Exposure Compensation & White Balance settings
- Using the "P", Shutter Priority & Aperture Priority
modes (& others) on your mode dial in depth
- ISO Speeds (get the right setting to improve the quality of your images!)
- Shutter Speeds (control the motion in your image!)
- Aperture settings (control your depth of field!)
- Using the exposure triangle properly so YOU can
take command of the light & capture great images
- Depth of Field & it's relationship with "Aperture"
- Learn which AF settings to use depending on your "Drive" settings.
- Additional camera features; such as "Meter Mode", "Lighting Optimizer", "Picture
Style" or "Picture Control", "Highlight Tone Alert", and others!
- Improving your composition when taking pictures (& learn the
the "Rule of Thirds")
- Many other Professional Photographer secrets, short cuts & tips!
- Q & A's about your camera & help you solve past failures
- Assignments to practice during the class
** This will be "Free-Form" workshop. The outline above is only used as a guide.
I will be teaching & giving tips as you shoot.