Beginner DSLR (regular-to-fast paced)
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of computers and your camera.
This is a bootcamp class. Looking for a slow-to-regular paced class? See
camera care and rules (keeping it clean, basic camera functions,
the proper method of changing lenses, changing memory cards &
formatting, learning how to adjust the diopter, keeping the
camera stable with or without a tripod, etc.)
- The basics of image
resolution, processing and compression (JPG vs.RAW). What you
should select based on YOUR shooting style.
- Different lens choices and their basic characteristics (&
specifically the one or ones YOU use or are interested in
- Filters: What choices are
important? Should you use one (or more)?
- Achieving focus (macro to ¥ ) with auto-focus, single
and multi-point focus options (and manual focus!)
- ISO Speeds
- Shutter Speeds
- Aperture sizes
- HOW the 3 important items listed above work TOGETHER so YOU
can control the light!
- How to choose the right
combination of the three to get proper exposure! (thoroughly
- Using the Auto, "P", Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority & M
modes (and any others) on your dial
- Depth of Field & it's
relationship with "Aperture"
- Determining f numbers & how it effects Depth of Field
- How the exposure meter
works on your camera & tips to getting the proper Lightness/
Darkness on each image. **Getting the correct exposure by using
Exposure Compensation & the Histogram (& other tips)
- White balance. What is it? Why is it important?...
and what choices do I have?
- Additional Camera features; such as
"Custom settings", "Continuous shooting" and
working with the menu, shortcut buttons and special features of YOUR camera.
- Improve your composition when taking pictures (and learn the
"Rule of Thirds")
- Information about the
manufacturer of YOUR camera (includes tips on how to deal with
the customer service department of your camera while under
warranty, or when the warranty has expired.
- Answers to your questions about future camera equipment
- Many other Professional
Photographer secrets, short cuts & tips!
- A mini-booklet that reinforces what you learned, for you to