Beginner DSLR / Mirrorless (Get OFF of Auto!)
Prerequisite: A desire to learn the most important "technical" features of your camera!
Looking for a more advanced class? See Workshop 2
Looking for a non-technical, introductory class?
Join the Photowalk Class!
- Basic camera care and rules (scrolling
through the menu, using the short-cut buttons, basic camera functions, the
proper method of changing lenses & keeping everything clean,
formatting the memory cards, adjusting the diopter, keeping the
camera stable with or without a tripod, etc.)
- Learning what the numbers mean on the lenses
- The basics of Focal Length & why it is so important
- Filter basics
- Optical viewfinder vs Live View Shooting!
- Basics of the exposure meter
- Introduction of the exposure triangle & the mode dial ("Auto",
"Scenes", "P", etc.)
- ISO Speeds (Introduced)
- Shutter Speeds (Introduced)
- Aperture sizes / F stops (Introduced)
- Capturing an image that isn't too dark or too light (Exposure compensation)
- Capturing an image that isn't too dark or too light while using your FLASH (Flash exposure compensation)
- Special features of YOUR camera
- Assignments to practice during the class
- A custom-designed booklet (& camera cheatsheet) that reinforces what you learned